Wednesday 5 February 2014

Weaning Wednesday: Apple Pancakes

I know my last post on #weaningwednesday was also about apples. I do eat other fruits, I promise. But the sound of these apple pancakes was appealing (hehe) to many on my twitter and Instagram feeds so I promised to share it on the blog. 

Ingredients
150ml whole milk
1 egg
125g self raising flour
Sprinkle of cinnamon
One medium apple

Method
  • Measure out the milk in a jug

  • Add the egg and whisk with a fork or small whisk

  • Weight out flour into jug and whisk again until smooth

  • Put a non stick pan on the hob, I use a small amount of sunflower oil on a piece of kitchen roll and run it over the pan so as not to use much oil, I use a medium heat

  • Sprinkle cinnamon into batter to taste

  • Peal apple (I do this as apple peal sets off my IBS)

  • Grate apple to core into jug

  • Mix again until all ingredients are incorporated 

  • By now the pan should be hot enough to start cooking 

  • I use a serving spoon to spoon a small amount of the batter into the pan

  • Wait until bubbles start popping on the service of the pancake before turning them over and cook until both sides are golden brown

I cut L's in half so she can self feed and squirt golden syrup on mine to serve. 


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment