Sunday 10 November 2013

The Week That Was Spent Finding Time for Mum

When I was part of Make Do and Push's What's in Your Changing Bag feature Hannah asked me what I do to retain my sense of self.

"How do you preserve/maintain your sense of self?I make time every day to shower and put on a bit of make up. Also writing now gives me something else to think about between baby care." 

This week I focused a lot on this sense of self and tried to do something every day. 

Sunday:

A shopping trip with my girls, my sister and best friend. These girls were my bridesmaids and my go to ladies. We had brunch, talked heart ache, shopped and stopped for a glass of champagne. L was home with Daddy Morkus.


Monday:

I baked madeleine. I painted my nails in polka dots! 


Tuesday:

I blogged. Tidying up the blog, scheduling posts and adding those linky badges I keep forgetting to add which is very naughty of me. I also found time to enjoy the baking from the day before.


Wednesday:

Today I was meant to meet up with the NCT ladies. But an unexpectedly long nap and an explosive nappy meant that we didn't make it out to eat. We slumped on the sofa watching films in our PJ's in the afternoon. L continued to enjoy planking! 


Thursday:

A day of chores and house stuff. I was just sitting down with last nights Poirot with a cup of tea when l woke from her nap too cross to go back to sleep.


Friday:

More nails! My mum also came to visit so we spent nap time chatting, catching up and sipping soup.


Saturday:

Not much time for mum today but we were super productive and did loads of jobs around the house. Four more boxes were unpacked and put in the recycling. But I did get to spend the day with this munchkin and her gorgeous Daddy. 





4 comments:

  1. Very impressed with your polka dot nails -a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So important to find time for yourself, though not always easy.
    Loving the polkadot nails

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think finding time for ourselves is really important. Being Mum is 24/7/365 and we need a bit of time to maintain ourselves, do things just for us, and rest or enjoy things that don't involve our children! Glad you had a good week. Love the nails. I am bad about mine, I file them, and that to me is an achievement! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you've had a lovely week trying to maintain your sense of self - especially the champagne and nails!

    Thank you so much for linking up to #TWTWI xx

    ReplyDelete